Spring Shrimp Pasta
It is spring along the Gulf Coast and that means fresh shrimp! Brown Sugar Mama’s Spring Shrimp Pasta – think creamy shrimp scampi – includes a few fresh garden favorites including juicy grape tomatoes and sweet peas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
1 lb. Cooked and peeled extra-large shrimp (26/30)
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
12 oz. Pappardelle Pasta, cooked al dente
1 ½ c. Pearl Onions
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 ¼ c. sweet peas
1 pint Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. white wine
1 c. heavy cream
1⅓ c. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, heat the olive oil in the pan. Sear the shrimp on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a separate large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil on medium-high heat and begin to cook the pearl onions and grape tomatoes until cooked and translucent, about 5- 7 minutes.
3. Add the peas and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 tbsp. of butter. Once melted add 1 cup of white wine and allow to simmer for another 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced.
5. Add the cream and parmesan cheese and stir so the cheese blends in with the sauce and veggies.
6. Drain the pasta and toss in with the sauce along with the shrimp with tongs. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze a half lemon among the dish and toss once more. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes and serve.