Pineapple Pork Kebabs
These Hawaiian-inspired Pineapple Pork Kebabs are a great addition to any BBQ or summer gathering! The use of barbecue rub really adds another dimension to such a ridiculously simple dish. Service with a fresh salad, rice, or herbed potatoes. You cannot go wrong!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
1/2 Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin
1 sweet onion, cut into 1-1 1/2-inch square pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1 1/2-inch square pieces
2 cups pineapple chunks
3-4 tablespoons barbecue rub
2 1/2 cups teriyaki marinade
3-4 flexible skewers
- Heat grill or smoker to 250 F. Cut pork loin into 2-inch cubes.
- Season pork loin, sweet onion, red bell pepper, and pineapple chunks with the rub.
- Thread pork loin, onion, pepper and pineapple on a skewer; repeat until the length of the skewer is almost full. Repeat with additional skewers.
- Put assembled kebabs in a large re-sealable bag and add teriyaki marinade. Carefully remove air from marinade bag and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Remove kebabs from marinade bag and place on grill over indirect heat; cook 12-14 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Increase grill temperature to 400 F. Sear kebabs at high heat, until caramelized. Using a meat thermometer, check pork loin cubes for doneness; remove from heat once pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 F.
Article courtesy of Family Circle, 2018
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION