Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
The pineapple salsa adds an explosion of flavor to this light and refreshing dish. This recipe is quick and easy and can be served with or without the tortillas.
1 pound shrimp, fully peeled and deveined
2 limes, juice from both, zest from 1
¼ cup tequila
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
16-20 *small soft flour tortillas or tortilla of choice
1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 ½ cups pineapple, fresh and finely diced
1 small avocado, finely diced
1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
1 lime, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the juice of one lime, lime zest, tequila, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp, cover and let marinate 30 minutes. HOT TIP: Do not marinate longer than 30 minutes. The shrimp will break down in the acidic lime juice.
- SALSA: Combine pineapple, avocado, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, juice of one lime, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine sour cream and chili powder. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to high heat. While preheating, skewer your marinated shrimp.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Add *flour tortillas to the grill for 1 minute per side to make warm.
- Begin building tacos. Add a teaspoon or so of the sour cream mixture to the center of each tortilla. Spread it evenly and top with a bit of red and green cabbage. Top cabbage with 2 shrimp and a nice spoonful of the pineapple salsa.