Orange Glazed Salmon
Salmon is a great choice for a healthy meal. When shopping for salmon, look for either wild-caught varieties or salmon that has been sustainably raised. This salmon is cooked on a blazing hot cast iron skillet on the Char-Broil® TRU-Infrared™ grill. It is brushed with a flavorful glaze of fresh orange juice and ginger.
1 Orange, juiced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 1-inch piece of ginger
2 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- Mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture is reduced by half. Reserve.
- Heat the grill to medium-high with a cast iron pan on the grates and the lid closed.
- Spray the pan with spray oil and add the salmon filets. Cook for about five minutes or until a nice crust forms on the salmon. Flip the salmon over and baste the top with the orange ginger glaze.
- Continue cooking until the salmon easily flakes but is still moist – about four minutes. Flip and glaze the other side of the fish, then remove it from the grill and glaze each side one more time