Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Carrots are a versatile side-dish that packs powerful nutritional benefits. The dry heat from the oven caramelizes the natural sugars in vegetables bringing about an amazing depth of flavor and sweetness.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) carrots washed and peeled (or unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for seasoning
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Trim ends of carrots and slice into thirds.
- Melt butter in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Pour in honey and cook, while stirring, until completely melted through the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant while stirring.
- Add the carrots and allow the sauce to thicken for a further minute while tossing the carrots through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to baking sheet in a single layer so they cook evenly. Toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender. Broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes on high heat to crisp/char the edges.
- OPTIONAL: Transfer them back into the skillet and allow carrots to simmer in the sauce over high heat for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce into a glaze. *SEE NOTES.
- Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with parsley.
- Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy!
*If too much water has been released from the carrots while roasting and you want a thick glaze, transfer the carrots into the skillet and add a cornstarch slurry to the sauce (1/2 teaspoon cornstarch to 2 teaspoons water), while stirring it though quickly until the sauce thickens. Repeat until reaching your desired consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Cafe Delights.