Applewood Smoked Chicken
This recipe’s smoky flavor accented with mild fruity infusion is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner on the grill.
Applewood smoking chips
4 cups apple juice
3 sliced jalapeno peppers
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a large container capable of containing a whole chicken, combine mix the Brine ingredients together until the salt has dissolved.
- Split the chicken into two halves and place the halves into the brine. Brine for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat.
- Mix the Rub ingredients together, then rub the chicken on both sides.
- Place the chicken halves on the grill grate for indirect cooking; Toss one or two applewood chunks onto hot coals and close the lid; Smoke for about 2 Hours at 250°F.
- Glaze the chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce, then close the lid for another 10 minutes.
- The chicken is ready to serve when the internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant.