Amelia’s Hummingbird Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar 1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon 3 eggs
1 1⁄4 cup oil
1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla 4 large bananas, mashed
1 8oz can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil and vanilla by hand. Add the wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Add bananas, pineapple, and pecans, incorporating well.
- Grease and flour two 9” cake pans.
- Separate mixture equally into the two pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on rack and frost with cream cheese frosting.
To make the frosting:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick margarine, softened
1 LB confectioners sugar – add more sugar as needed until you reach the desired consistency